Friday, July 31, 2015

Mom's Cookies

We are a cookie eating
And more importantly a cookie BAKING family
I’ve tried them all ! And I’ve made quite a few.

But, you can keep
    your Peanut butter cookies
    your oatmeal raisin cookies
    your ginger snaps

I’ll take one of mom’s batch of
    Aunt Isabell’s chocolate cookies with chocolate frosting … straight from the freezer

The recipe is there.
    The instructions are written out
         (In at least three places just in my house)

BUT EACH OF US ADD OUR OWN TOUCH
    I still can’t figure out how she frosted them that fast.

Because of my mom
    I can read any recipe, and write some of my own
    I can cook a decent to excellent meal on a range, in the oven, in the crock pot, or over a camp fire.

Because of mom I know that there are recipes for eating well, and for living well

Recipes and patterns written down for us by people with a     deep relationship with God.
That there isn't a different recipe or different rules for different kinds of folks. We are all children of God.


Each of us takes that recipe and makes it our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment